The Association of Translators and Interpreters of Florida, Inc. (ATIF), a Chapter of the American Translators Association (ATA), is a non-profit professional association incorporated in the State of Florida to represent the interests of providers and end users of T&I industry services.
These are our purposes:
- Promote the recognition of translation and interpreting as professions and defend and support the interests and concerns of professional translators and interpreters.
- Encourage high-quality service and ethical business practices.
- Disseminate and encourage the use of industry standards in business practices.
- Disseminate information to the public about translation and interpreting.
- Facilitate mutual assistance among translators and interpreters and provide a medium for collaboration with persons in allied professions.
The above purposes will be achieved through the work of committees chaired by board members or ATIF members. Some of them will be standing committees and other ad hoc committees, but they share one objective: ensure that ATIF’s purposes are properly and duly carried out to the satisfaction of our membership.
We invite you to visit our F.A.Q. page to learn more about ATIF and what we can do for you.