General information about Membership
ATIF is the Florida Chapter of the American Translators Association, with membership open to individuals who are active in the fields of translation and interpretation. ATIF members must agree to abide by the Association’s Bylaws and published policies, as well as the ATA Code of Professional Conduct and Professional Practice.
ATIF membership follows the calendar year and runs from January 1 through December 31 of each year. The renewal period is December 1st through 31st, with a grace period during the month of January.
Please take a moment to review the information below and be sure to contact the Membership Chair at email@example.com should you have any questions.
How to Join
To apply for membership in ATIF, please review our frequently asked questions, membership types, and benefits below; and submit the required supporting documentation and payment.
You may pay through our website via PayPal. For other forms of payment, please check with Membership.
We look forward to welcoming you as a new member!
The applicant must be a professional translator or interpreter. Membership will be recorded at the “Pending review” until all required supporting documentation or information is received by ATIF’s Membership Chair. All documents and information are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. These documents must reflect:
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience.
- OR accredited university T&I degree.
- OR other eligible T&I certification (ATA, Court Consortium, US Federal Court, NAJIT).
- Right to vote
- Right to serve on the Board of Directors and all committees of the Association
- Full use of the ATIF website
- Right to attend any of the Association’s membership meetings and participate in the open forum
- Listing of services in the Professional Directory
- Right to participate in the Association’s workshops and/or events.
- Right to use ATIF logo in business card and stationery
- Right to receive discounts from various partner vendors