Spring into Action (SIA) in Miami. Call for papers.
ATIF will celebrate its second Spring into Action (SIA) at Miami Dade College Eduardo J. Padrón Campus, March 15-17, 2024. ATIF will continue to promote the professional advancement and interests of translators and interpreters with “Featuring the Languages of Florida” as the guiding theme for SIA in 2024. ATIF is calling for papers and presentations in the following areas:
- Technology its impact in translation and interpreting
- Translator/interpreter training
- Editing and quality control
- Languages of lesser diffusion
- History of translation or interpreting
- Professional ethics and practices
- American Sign Language
- To learn and exercise multiple thinking strategies that can help professionals examine real-world issues in light of translating and interpreting practices and topics, and to explore new avenues of expression, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Identify principles of ethical engagement, conduct, respect and professionalism for the advancement of translation and interpreting.
- Recognize and evaluate innovative technologies that contribute and impact our processes and results in translation and interpreting, in terms of quality, production, and professional recognition.
- Assess interpreting/translation practices as related to specific languages, and professional and academic settings and contexts.
- Identify and review growing trends, terms, expressions in translation and interpreting that impact our work.
Presentations should be original, unpublished work, which can be delivered in one to two hours. Workshops can be up to four hours. Presentations are on a voluntary basis.
With your presentation proposal, kindly provide:
- A 200-300 word abstract in English, MS Word, Times New Roman,
- A brief bio, 90 words or less.
- Include 4-5 topic keywords at the end of the text.
- A headshot
You will receive acknowledgment upon receipt with further instructions about the next steps in the review process of presentation proposals.
The deadline for submissions is Saturday, September 30, 2023, at 8 p.m. ET.
Subject line: SIA24 proposals
We look forward to receiving your proposals!